Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Solome was banging on Heather's laptop last week and the "Z" key flew off. I've been trying to fix the damn thing - do you know how hard it is to replace ONE key on a laptop keyboard? Everyone I talk to tells me to just replace the whole keyboard.

I'm like - NO WAY- what a waste of stuff - what a disposable society we live in - it totally sucks.

Anyway, I found a website that totally helped - Machina - they will sell you the tiny little hinges that are underneath each key. It's these stupid hinges that I need!

We'll see if I actually have the skill to fix it though - I was told by a GeekSquad dude at Best Buy that you need this special tool from a jeweler. But the Machina website also has a guide for replacing the keys. I'm pretty good with computers, so I'm hopeful.

Wish me luck.

No comments: